Our Life

Our Life

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Funny Story

The other day Tom was genuinely asked by one of his classmates (Slyvia is his last name, I don't know his first) if he was "doing okay." At first Tom was a little confused by what he was asking, "Like in school?" was his reply. Sylvia then clarified that he meant financially. This really surprised Tom and I think maybe offended him a little, after all it really isn't any of this guys business. Anyway, Tom assured him that yes, we are doing just fine financially and then of course was curious why he thought we may be having financial issues.

I can't think about the answer without laughing out loud. The reason Sylvia thought we were having money troubles was because not only had Tom eaten PB&J several times last week, but he even ate the heel of the bread loaf. Ha!

Apparently Sylvia has never known an adult who eats peanut butter sandwiches or heels of the bread loaf for reasons other than being poor. This cracks me up, seriously isn't it just wasteful to throw away the heels?

Anyway, thought you all might enjoy a good laugh. :)

3 comments:

  1. that is funny...some people and their ideas of what is right or acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS funny! It would be sad if only poor people could enjoy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! But nice of that guy to be concerned. A lot of people are around people in need every day and just don't notice, so it's cool to hear that some people are paying attention (even if they're wrong! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! We actually had the opposite problem! When we moved here and Jim started work, I made him pbj's in his lunch often. Then one day he told me he felt self-conscious because the other guys had...like...MEAT in their sandwiches. Ha ha ha! So I started buying lunch meat for him. Silly Jim!

    ReplyDelete