Our Life

Our Life

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thankful

 I feel like I could write an update everyday. Bethany is growing so fast and fine tuning new skills everyday. I feel so fortunate to get to be home to see everything new. I keep reminding myself that if we weren't in Texas the military would not be paying for Tom's school and I would be working full time. So, yay for Texas. Of course today it is a little easier to like Texas considering the weather feels much more like home. Rain all day and a cool 78 degrees! Couldn't ask for more on this July day. After having many days in the high 90's and low 100's without it cooling down much at night (maybe to the low 80's) I am SO grateful for this break. Maybe we will even be off water restrictions for a few days.

Another thing I am very grateful for is we finally got THE LIST today! The list we were told we would get early to mid JUNE, Tom finally got today. Now we have in front of us all the phase II sites and we get to number them by our preference. Of course our preferences may mean jack squat to Uncle Sam but at least we feel better being able to to Fort Bliss at the very bottom. We also have some answers we have been wondering about so all in all, it has been a good day. So this is what we know so far. It is in the army's best interest to try and keep us a far west as possible so they don't have to move us from the east coast all the way home a mere 13 month after moving us to phase II. Because of this we were given the "go ahead" to rate Ft. Carson (not normally available to Nation Guard) but we were also told that Travis AFB and Nellis AFB are out of the question due to some logistics that actually seem reasonable. (Yes I did just use the word reasonable in regards to the military, crazy, I know.)

Though we are excited about the possibility of putting Ft. Carson on our list, we are not holding out for it since approximately half the class wants to go there. Other posts that will likely be on the higher end of our list include Ft. Campbell, Ft Knox, and Ft. Riley. Supposedly we will be told our phase II sights in early September so I'm hoping for mid October. :)

 Now on to why you all visit this page, our little cutie. She is doing quite well with the sippy cup so far. She is much better with it if it's full, hasn't quite got the hang of tipping it up very far. I'm sure it won't take her long though.





She loves to be wherever we are, which means that when I'm in the kitchen she insists on helping. Nothing like playing in the cupboards! Love this little girl so much.
Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to finally get to think about "real" possibilities. Nana is certainly good with any of the places, since Southwest flies close by to all of them ; )

    I was just thinking today how a year ago we were doing baby showers with no idea that we were waiting for your sweet baby girl! It is truly amazing how much she has learned in these 9-1/2 short months (like most babies). I am so thankful, also that you have gotten to enjoy these precious times without the pressures of working fulltime...what a blessing : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im hoping for Ft Carson, of course, but no matter where you go we will follow!! ha. It probably wont make a huge difference since Tom will be so busy he wont have time for exporing the area anyway. So, I hope you go somewhere that will be pleasant for you Ashli, and sweet Beth. I love your blogs and Im so happy I can comment now.

    ReplyDelete