Our Life

Our Life

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Teriyaki Beef in 20 Minutes


I know I'm a day late getting this up but I figured since I totally slacked last week that I should get my rear in gear this week. My recipe this week (surprise, surprise) is from the "20 Minutes or Less" section in my Betty Crocker Cookbook. Unlike many of the recipes this one really took me only 20 minutes. A great recipe for those nights when you know you're going to be pressed for time. For any mid-week church goers out there, this is a great Wednesday night dinner.

Orange Teriyaki Beef with Noodles

What you will need:
  • 1 lb boneless sirloin , cut into thin strips ( I happen to find "beef for stir fry" at the grocery store that was already cut up at a good price. Look around your grocery store may have it too.)
  • 14 oz beef broth (1 can)
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki stir-fry sauce
  • 2 Tbsp orange marmalade 
  • Dash of cayenne pepper 
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen snap pea pods 
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked fine or medium egg noodles (3 oz) 
I found these medium egg noodles that were in serving size portions. They worked great!

Brown the beef in a 12-inch skillet (about 2-4 minutes) . Remove the beef from the skillet and keep warm.

Mix broth, stir-fry sauce, marmalade , and red peeper in skillet. Heat to a boil. Stir in pea pods and noodles (uncooked); reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.

Stir in beef and cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken some.

Hope you enjoy!

 
Click HERE for more tasty recipes!

1 comment: