Our Life

Our Life

Friday, March 2, 2012

Crunchy Oriental Chicken Salad

So I haven't been very good about linking up to Becky's "Feed My Family Friday's" but I finally got it together today so here is my recipe.

Crunchy Oriental Chicken Salad. ( I made this as our main course and didn't get a single complaint from Tom about still being hungry)

This recipe came from the Betty Crocker Bridal Edition Cookbook


2 Tbsp butter
1 Package oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup sugar
¼ cup white vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
½ tsp pepper
*2 cups of cooked chicken breast cut into pieces
¼ cup dry-roasted peanuts
4 medium green onions, sliced
1 bag 16 oz coleslaw mix
1 can mandarin orange segments drained

 In 10 inch skillet melt butter over medium heat. Stir in seasoning packet from soup mix. Break block of noodles into bite-size pieces over skillet; stir into butter mixture.
Cook noodles 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sesame seeds. Cook about 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until noodles are golden brown; remove from heat.

In  a large glass or plastic bowl, mix sugar, vinegar, oil and pepper. Add noodle mixture and remaining ingredients; toss. Serve immediately.

So I cheated, I took a picture of the picture in the cookbook.  What can I say, photography is not one of my talents. :)

*Sorry folks, I somehow missed putting the chicken in the ingredient list the first time around.

1 comment: