So here is my recipe: Thai Chicken with Basil from my Betty Crocker Bridal Edition Cookbook. It has a great flavor with just the right amount of spicy.
What you will need:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red or green jalapeno peppers ( I used green)
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce or soy sauce (I used fish sauce, it gives the dish a more authentic Thai flavor)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves ( honestly I just used a couple teaspoons of dried basil, though I'm sure it would have been better with fresh)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- Hand full of chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
Defrost chicken if frozen, cut each breast into four pieces.
Using a large skillet heat oil over med-high heat. Cook the chicken, garlic and peppers in oil 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Stir in fish sauce and sugar. Sprinkle with basil, mint and peanuts.
I served this with rice and a green salad, though next time I think I will serve it with rice noodles or yakisoba instead.





That looks so good. Can't wait to try it. I found your blog through Becky at Farmgirl Paints - so glad I did. Have a blessed weekend.
ReplyDeleteYummy! Must be Thai/curry food week --there are several of us who linked up with that type of recipe! :-)
ReplyDeleteI love peanuts thrown into the mix. Sounds so GOOD!
ReplyDelete