This is kind of old news but I've been such an crummy blogger lately that nothing seems to get posted in a timely manner. However, I feel I can blame a lot of that on the house in the background of these pictures.
About 6 weeks ago we moved into our new house and life has been crazy ever since. We barely had time to enjoy the thought that this will hopefully be our last moved for many, many years before we cracked open the paint cans and started painting. In case you were wondering this last move marked our 5th relocation in just under 4 years! Ahh, how happy we are to be in one place for awhile and actually own the house we're living in. Of course owning your house comes with the excitement of being able to change things but also the reality of putting the time and money into changing said things.
Since moving in we have painted the entirety of the interior walls, excluding only the bathrooms and laundry room. What can I say, when you don't like the color, you just don't like the color. Tom has also been busy in the yard. He had to pull out the dead hedges in the back and trim/hedge literally every tree and bush in the yard. We dumped much more yard waste than I thought this little yard could possibly produce. Tom has planted six grapevines and two kiwi in the back to replace the dead hedges (and built the trellis to go along with them). Cut down a tree and replaced it with the Japanese maple (courtesy of Tom's parents) you can see it in the picture. A second trellis has also been built next to the front entryway and clematis is now working it's way up the lattice.
Now that we have a lot of the initial things done I'm hoping to get things set up and situated inside. Though we have unpacked, we have yet to hang a single picture on a wall. Once we get things set up I'll give a picture tour of the inside. I'm hoping that will be before Christmas!


No comments:
Post a Comment