So the next morning when I asked Bethany what she wanted to name her fish she promptly said, "Stella!" Okay, whatever, Stella it is. Her Nanie has a cat named Stella and she met a rat (who LB insisted was a rabbit) at the vet's office when we took Ami in, so I guess she had Stella on the brain. I would say that a fish for a dog is a pretty crummy trade but it will have to do for now. The other night Bethany picked some crumbs up off the floor and put them in Stella's bowl. I had to explain to her that unlike Ami, Stella does not eat crumbs off the floor and that we are just going to have to sweep more often now. :)
Our Life
Monday, April 14, 2014
Meet Stella
Last week when Ami died the kids and I had just gotten home from a little carnival at one of the schools and a carnival just isn't a carnival without coming home with a fish. I wasn't exactly thrilled about the fish but when we came home and realized that Ami was gone I was grateful for the distraction. Bethany was very concerned about finding her fish a bowl and was completely oblivious to the emotional crisis I was having. (For those of you who don't know Tom was actually in Boise at the time for drill so I was dealing with this by myself.)
So the next morning when I asked Bethany what she wanted to name her fish she promptly said, "Stella!" Okay, whatever, Stella it is. Her Nanie has a cat named Stella and she met a rat (who LB insisted was a rabbit) at the vet's office when we took Ami in, so I guess she had Stella on the brain. I would say that a fish for a dog is a pretty crummy trade but it will have to do for now. The other night Bethany picked some crumbs up off the floor and put them in Stella's bowl. I had to explain to her that unlike Ami, Stella does not eat crumbs off the floor and that we are just going to have to sweep more often now. :)
So the next morning when I asked Bethany what she wanted to name her fish she promptly said, "Stella!" Okay, whatever, Stella it is. Her Nanie has a cat named Stella and she met a rat (who LB insisted was a rabbit) at the vet's office when we took Ami in, so I guess she had Stella on the brain. I would say that a fish for a dog is a pretty crummy trade but it will have to do for now. The other night Bethany picked some crumbs up off the floor and put them in Stella's bowl. I had to explain to her that unlike Ami, Stella does not eat crumbs off the floor and that we are just going to have to sweep more often now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stella is a great name for a fish! I love her environment too,so colorful. She couldnt have arrived at a better time. Grammy
ReplyDelete