I was supposed to work the graveyard shift tonight so my plan for dinner was one of my quick "go to" recipes. Okay, it isn't really a recipe, just a couple of things thrown together, but it is really good. I got this from my best friend, Julie, several years ago and it has made regular appearances at our dinner table ever since.
Taco Soup
1 lb ground beef (I have used ground turkey before but it really isn't near as good)
1 medium onion chopped
4 cans of beans rinsed and drained ( any kind you want. Tonight I used garbanzo, kidney, black, and great northern)
1 can of water or more depending on how thick/thin you like your soup
1 envelope of taco seasoning
Grated cheese
Tortilla Chips
All you do is cook the beef with the onion in a dutch oven or large pot on the stove. Once the beef is cooked and no longer pink add the beans and taco seasoning and one can of water. You can also add a can of diced tomatoes or corn if you want, really anything goes with this recipe. In fact I just thought of adding some diced jalapenos to add a little kick.
Heat on medium/low for about 10 minutes or until soup is heated throughout. Serve in bowls and top with crushed tortilla chips and cheese, and whatever else you prefer, olives maybe . . . The possibilities are endless!
As it would end up I actually was low censused tonight. So, I didn't have to go into work and I ate my taco soup at our table with my cute hubby instead of alone at the hospital. I'm not complaining.
Yay! One of our favorites, too (except we add cooked, diced chicken instead of beef.) Yummy! It looks delicious, Ashli!
ReplyDelete