I reached a whole new level of motherhood the other day when I typed "Raffi" into Pandora. Yes, that's right I am now willingly listening to children's music and singing along. Things like "Apples and Bananas," "Doe a Deer," and "Do You Know the Muffin Man" are all coming out of my lips. Bethany LOVES it so it's worth it.
I was pleasantly surprised though when I realized not all the music was as kid centered as I thought. In fact when "Jump in the Line" came on I couldn't help but grab Bethany and teach her how to "shake, shake, shake Senora, shake your body line." I had to laugh a little to myself when I thought of what my Grandpa Bever might say about all this shaking business. I'll admit for a minute I even felt a tad bit guilty about shaking it with my daughter. I got over it though as soon as I thought about my Grandma Bever and the fact that if she was here, there would be no stopping her. It would have taken her no more than half a second to "jump in de line" with us. To put it in her own words, "I've got rhythm in me and I gotta let it out!" Ha! I can't think about her saying that without smiling.
So, in honor of my silly grandma, Bethany and I let our rhythm out the other day.
Your dad and I are laughing so hard...what a great memory : )
ReplyDeleteHurray for living room dance parties!
ReplyDelete