Our Life

Our Life

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The signs of an absent husband

As some of you know Tom has been gone for three very long weeks. It is funny how you don't realize all the things your spouse does until they are gone and no longer doing them. Because of the crazy weather we have been having our grass has been growing like crazy which has brought to my attention a job skill I am majorly lacking in. Some of you may have already jumped to the conclusion that this job is the actual lawn mowing, but you would be wrong. I grew up in a home where the lawn mowing was done mostly by my mom so I always assumed it would be my job in a marriage partnership. No, the job I am referring to is the weed eating/edging. The weed eater is not a tool I care to manipulate; however, because of the obvious need for the job being done I contemplated giving it a try. After discussing this with Tom though we both decided that it would be better to let the neighbors sweat for a little while worrying that maybe we were letting our yard go, rather than deal with possible injury that may occur if I tried operating the weed eater. Because of this decision this is what our yard looks like. I laugh every time I look outside, ha!




On another note, I'm so glad that despite Tom's absence our lavender is still florishing!
Don't let this post fool you, the yard work is not the only reason I am missing my beloved so much. In fact it is really the least of my worries. I am so looking forward to Friday when I will finally be in the arms of my favorite person again.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so bad and I'm just now looking at your blog. I LOVE all the post about our trip. We are soooo glad that you came out to visit us and we had such a great time. I'm glad you survived the three weeks apart, enjoy being together again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your intimidation of the "weedeater" or maybe I just passed mine on to you! I am thinking about practicing in the backyard (can't do much harm to it!) It really is far to time consuming to edge by hand...hard on these old knees too!
    Welcome home to Tom...bet your yard is back to perfect now : )
    Mom

    ReplyDelete