This is the family's previous house. The husband (Riccardo) stated that he hasn't slept inside for 3 years because there is no room.
This is the home site with the first couple walls of the new house up. That hill was a long trek every morning!
My brother and me. It was so great to get to work with him all week. He has always been my favorite working buddy. I'll never forget the first house we roofed together (alone). I won't mention how old we were because neither one of us were legal. :) Since he lives in Missouri we don't get to hang out much anymore.
Our team after the house was finished. For the whole group that went down (104 of us) we were able to build a total of 5 houses!
The family we built the house for: Riccardo and Consuela and their kids Gabriella, little Riccardo, and Adriana
Consuela and me. I'm sad that we couldn't communicate with words, however I'm confident that in heaven we will all speak the same language. I can't wait!
Holding up sheet rock.Over all the trip was great. What an honor to be able to serve another family. It is so humbling to see how grateful they are to receive a house that in the States would be considered little more than a garden shed. I now see how truly blessed we are to live in this country. I pray that I never take God's blessings for granted.

No comments:
Post a Comment