Our Life

Our Life

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bethany's first communion

I'm so behind, I can't believe it has been a month since I've blogged! Even worse, William is 4 months old today and I don't have a picture of him and his lion, so this isn't even going to be his 4 month update, check back on Friday for that.

I could tell you all the boring details of our move but I thought I would just give you a funny story instead. This past Sunday was our first Sunday in The Dalles so we went to visit a new church. Bethany was so cute, as we were walking up to the building she was pretty chatty, "New church? I lika new church!" Really Bethany? We haven't even gone in yet. Anyway, this particular church did communion a little differently than what we are used to. Rather than taking communion as it was being passed, everyone was supposed to hold on to their cracker and juice until everyone had it and then the whole congregation took it together. Seems simple enough, right? Yeah, not really when you have a two year old sitting next to you. Bethany saw that I was holding the grape juice and started insisting, quite loudly, "I wan da baby juice, I WAN DA BABY JUICE." Did I mention that because the majority of the congregation was sitting toward the back, the first seat I could find was 3 rows from the front? That's right, we were sitting 3 rows from the front with 90% of the congregation behind us. Needless to say Bethany got the baby juice in attempts to keep her quite and as soon as she took her first sip her eyes got huge and she said, quite loudly again, "Mmm, dat tasty!" I can't be sure, but I think I heard a few stifled snickers coming from behind me.

Not bad for first communion. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your move was so boring with nothing worth mentioning. Would love to see some pictures of your new house tho. Back in the day, I looked forward to communion because we got real wine! ha. I guess they dont do that anymore. Grape jucie is definitely the next best thing and how tempting for Bethany that its served in a baby glass. I'll be sure to have some tasty grape juice next time she visits! -Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is not good! but I'm sure everyone thought she was adorable. Nothing like feeling trapped though :)

    ReplyDelete