We got there right when it opened and at first it looked like there were a ton of people, but once everyone got through the gate the crowd dispersed and at times it seemed like we were the only people in the park.
Don't worry, we exercised our common sense and no one in our family was bit by a dolphin. ;)
Something about this picture just looks wrong . . . Could it be that we're in shorts next to a Christmas wreath? Oh yes, it was 81 degrees this weekend on the 1st of December.
We were literally the only people at the sea loin exhibit. We spent quite a bit of time here, Bethany loved "barking" at these guys.
Since there were hardly any other people at the park, both Tom and I were able to ride the roller coasters. Of course we couldn't go together and leave Bethany to watch by herself. So we did have to take turns but it was still fun. This is Bethany and me waiting for dad to come back from one of his coaster rides.
I had to include this picture, I just think her face is so cute!
"What do you think mom, am I close? Do you think maybe next year I'll be tall enough to ride the roller coasters?"
Later that evening Tom graciously let me have a girls' night with a few of the other PA school wives. We enjoyed dinner on the River Walk and then went to the Nutcracker. I haven't been to the Nutcracker since I was a kid and I was really excited to watch it as an adult. I thought maybe I would be able to follow the story line a little better now . . . Nope, it still just seems like a bunch of random scenes! Don't get me wrong I had a great time and the dancing was fantastic, but seriously does anyone understand what the heck is going on in the Nutcracker?
Sea World looks like tons of fun! And I'm with you whoever created the Nutcracker was a bit of a nut themselves, or on drugs! Good luck with the move and saying your goodbyes!
ReplyDelete