Here they are, all the sweet gals who helped me survive this first year of motherhood and almost a year and a half of being far away from my family while Tom was in school. Not only did they help me survive, but because of them I have thrived down here in the desert. What could have been a time of despair and depression in my soul was instead a time of constant renewing.
Last Thursday we all got together for one last dinner. We talked and talked and laughed and laughed and I of course got a little teary. I'm sad that Bethany won't grow up with this ladies being the moms of her friends, but I am so thankful that I got to know them. Even if it was for just a little while.
There is no doubt about it, I am sad to leave but I'm confident that God will bring me new friends. He is so faithful and always exceeds any expectations I may have. These new friends will certainly not be replacements but wonderful additions to my life. I may not be able to see these Texas gals on a daily basis anymore, but they will always hold a special place in my heart. I keep singing that song to myself . . . "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold."
I'm so blessed to be able to say that I have a lot of silver and gold.
No comments:
Post a Comment