Height 29.5 inches (64th Percentile)
Weight 19.5 lbs (22nd Percentile)
| Dress and purse from Grandma K |
Every day Bethany is getting more and more coordinated. Already I can't believe how well she is walking. Of course she still has an occasional tumble but she usually recovers pretty well.
In other skills, Bethany signs "more," "all done," "night, night," and sometimes "eat." She is also broadening her use of the sign more. For example if she doesn't want to get out of the bath she may sign "more" indicating she wants to stay in. Also, the other day she brought me her shoes, sat down, did the more sign, and then put her shoe next to her foot. It was completely obvious she wanted me to put her shoes on. Not really the correct usage of the word more, but for her limited vocabulary I think she did pretty well.
| Playing in the rain |
As far as talking goes Bethany is ALWAYS jabbering. She opens books and jabbers like she is reading to herself, she talks to Ami and her stuffed animals, it is so much fun to hear her carry on these one sided conversations. Her actual vocal vocabulary consists of, "Dada" (used appropriately when her dad is around, but she uses it randomly as well) and, "Dan Dooo" (used exclusively when we give her an item she wants). That's right, our baby is saying "thank you" at one year old. She's so polite. :) I just hope she is still saying it when she is 10.
| All ready for Colorado! |
Our growing girl is pretty much eating everything we do. Including some of our more spicy food. And when I say spicy, I mean crushed red pepper spicy. Must have been all that Thai food I ate while I was pregnant. She is still nursing and I was really, really hoping that we would be down to just twice a day but we're still at 3-4 depending on the day. The fact that Bethany asks to nurse using her "more" sign and grabbing at me makes the whole weaning process a little more difficult. I vowed not to have a nursing 5 year old, so that means I have less than 4 years to complete the weaning process. ;)
This girl still cracks us up. She is so animated and very independent. I really thought that once she started walking things would be great. I wouldn't have to carry her and she would just hold my hand and let me lead her where I wanted to go. Oh, how wrong I was, this girl isn't holding anybody's hand and she certainly isn't going anywhere but where she wants to go! We love her anyway. :)
Awww, I can't believe how tall she looks in that first photo! She is such a cutie. I especially love the Colorado outfit--haha! What a sweet girl... must be a reflection of her sweet mommy. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think she could be any cuter (even if I am her Nana)! She's looking more and more like her Mama. I love the downspout picture, reminds me of a picture we have of a one year old Ashli sitting in the grass in the pouring rain : )...Hmm wonder where that strong will of hers came from??? Let me just say, if you pray really hard, pick your battles wisely and have the courage to "pull rank" (lovingly) when needed, even though you know she WILL throw a FIT, she will bring more joy to your lives than you can ever imagine!!!
ReplyDeleteI still can't believe she is one! I love all the cupcake pics from the previous post. She's such a cutie! Can't wait to see what the next year has in store for this little lady!
ReplyDelete