Our Life

Our Life

Friday, November 4, 2011

Meeting the GG's

The main purpose for Bethany and my trip to the NW when she was so little was to meet her GG Bever (Great-Grandpa Bever). My grandpa has been fighting lung cancer for 2 1/2 years and we wanted to be sure that he got to meet her. Fortunately my grandpa is doing very well and he was up for our visit. Here is my grandpa with his wife, Grandma Connie. Connie was so excited for Bethany it was hard to believe that Bethany wasn't Connie's actual great-grandchild. Bethany is so blessed to have so many people who love her. Thanks to Grandma Connie Bethany has about 1/2 dozen Teddy Bears already. I can't wait until she is big enough to play with them . . . but at the same time I want her to stay little. I have such conflicting feelings.
The four generation picture on my dad's side. I'm sad that my grandma isn't here to meet her, she would have been excited beyond belief to meet Bethany. I like to think that Jesus told her the good news and that one day Bethany will get to meet her along with her other great-grandparents who have already passed.


We took a jaunt down to Eugene to see my Grandma and Grandpa Witt. Bethany got to meet one of her namesakes, my grandma's name is Beth. I hope one day Bethany realizes how special her name is. She is also named after Tom's maternal grandmother, Loreen, who is in heaven. Though I never got to meet her, by all accounts she was just as special as my grandmothers.

The four generation picture on my mom's side.

It was such a blessing to share Bethany with my grandparents, I'm so glad it worked out for us to see them all on our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment