Our Life

Our Life

Monday, November 7, 2011

First time in Lewiston

First of all I have to make the disclaimer that I feel like the worst daughter-in-law ever. I didn't realize until after I left Tom's parent's that I hardly took any pictures of Grandma and Grandpa Koehler with Bethany. In fact I didn't even get a picture of Bethany and her Grandpa Koehler together. I do know that my mother-in-law, Debbie, got some so I will have to get the pictures from her. That being said I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures in this post.

During our trip we trekked over to Lewiston. Bethany did great on the 6 hour car ride over. Well, she did great on the way there, not so great on the way home. Who can blame her though, after all I was carting her all around the country.

When we got into Lewiston we went straight to grandma's work. Bethany was dressed in her Steelers' cheer leading outfit just for grandma (a Pittsburgh native). [insert picture here] Grandma got to show Bethany off to the whole office. She was quite the hit. We then headed over to grandma and grandpa's house to see grandpa. When we got there Bethany met her Grandpa Koehler and her Aunt Amy. Aunt Amy had a special gift for our sweet little girl, pig tails! Are they not the cutest thing you have ever seen? Ha! I love them.

                                          As you can see Bethany is not so sure about them.




On our trip Bethany started smiling a lot. This is what our sweet girl looks like for about 20 minutes in the morning. It seems that we might have a morning child, she is always happy a giggly when she wakes up. I hope the trend continues through adolescents. :)
Grandma and Bethany

I had a great time showing Bethany off to our family in Lewiston. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Tom could have been there. I am so sad he didn't get to introduce our daughter to his family. On our quick trip to Lewiston Bethany also met Sam and Gabe, her only cousins, and her Uncle Ben. We also went to church on Sunday where Bethany met all kinds of people. One thing is for sure our sweet little girl is not lacking in the attention department. She gets hugged, kissed, and held everywhere we go. I'm pretty sure she loves it.

After we left Lewiston we made a quick stop up in Moscow where we met my friend Alyson and her two daughters, Lily and Grace, for lunch. Once again Bethany was the star of the show, Lily (3 1/2) and Grace (1 1/2) were very affectionate. Beth wasn't so sure how to handle Grace's well intended, but not so gentle, affection. :)  We had a great lunch and then headed back to Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment