Our Life

Our Life

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Adjusting

After being thoroughly spoiled by my mom for 10 whole days we are now on our own. We (I) am trying to get Bethany and I into a routine but after just 3 days of going at it by ourselves no clear routine has emerged. Essentially our day goes like this:
 Bethany wakes up between 3 and 5am for the second (sometimes 3rd) time for the night. I feed her and change her and hope she goes back to sleep for a few more hours so I can sleep too. If the timing is just right we will walk Tom to school at 7:40, if not, daddy kisses us good by and walks by himself. The rest of morning is pretty mellow, Bethany will take cat naps between eating about every hour and a half until 10 or 11. At this point she usually will take a longer nap two and half to three hours! It is at this time that I have to decide, do I wash the dishes, fold the laudry, write a blog, or take a nap myself? It's so hard to decide. Anyway, regardless of what I decide to do when Bethany wakes up she eats for awhile then cries for awhile and maybe falls back asleep. Depending on the day Tom will get home between 3:30 and 5 and occupy her while I make dinner. Then she is back to the eating every hour and a half with little naps and quite a bit of crying until about 8:30. I try my best to go to sleep when she does because I never know if she is going to sleep for three or five hours and I want to get as much as I can.

Anyway, that is how our days have been going so far. Not too bad but I'm hoping for a little more of a routine in the coming months.

Now for your viewing pleasure.
Tom serenading Bethany. I told him he can't play Tears in Heaven anymore, it makes me cry.

I don't have the heart to tell her that the chiropractor would not approve of this sleeping position.

Waking up is so hard!

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to start to fall into a routine. I think it took a couple of months before my girls had any sort of regularity to their routine (besides the eating every 2 or 3 hours thing). You're getting decent chunks of sleep at night. I remember when Lily first slept 5 straight hours I was shouting from the mountain tops that she'd "slept through the night" because it felt like SO much more sleep than I'd ever gotten at once. :)

    Is sleeping with your arms over your head a no-no? Both of my girls loved sleeping in the Touchdown position. He he he.

    She's sweet and adorable. I'm glad you're starting to adjust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about babies and kids, but according to my mom's chiropractor sleeping in the "Touchdown" position is bad for your back if you're an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't get into a schedule for...well...I'm not sure if we're even on a schedule now. ;) ha - Anyway - just sleep while you can right now. Everyone loves a rested momma! :D

    ReplyDelete