Our Life

Our Life

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Accepted!

Last Thursday Tom and I drove the 8 hours over to Billings Montana so that Tom could go to his first PA school interview at Rocky Mountain College. It was a quick trip as we came home Friday afternoon after the interview.

For me it was a trip down memory lane. When I played volleyball for LCSC we drove all over the state of Montana including Billings. Also, my senior year of high school I actually went to Rocky on a visit and was offered a scholarship there. I'm so glad I didn't go there, then I wouldn't have met my sweet Tom or my best friend Julie, and so many others!


Anyway, back to Tom's interview. Tom felt like the interview went fairly well but he didn't want to be too optimistic. The school said that they would contact him by Wednesday an let him know if he was accepted. So, for the last 4 days Tom has been going back and forth between thinking that he would for sure be accepted and then thinking he was sure he didn't get in. Well today he got the call . . . and they want him! Whoohoo!

Now for a (not so small) fee they will hold his seat for next July. Despite the fact that Rocky wasn't our first choice we decided it would be best to pay the fee and have his seat held. If he gets an interview at our number one choice (OHSU) then he will go to that interview and then we will see from there. However, all other interviews will be turned down and the money we save by not traveling to those other schools will be given to Rocky to hold Tom's seat.

Here is a picture of Billings. I'm sitting here wondering if it is going to be our new home for a couple of years. Only God knows right now and I am fully trusting him with our future and all unknowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment