Our Life

Our Life

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hood River Half!

Last May my friend, Casey, from work ran the Rock n' Roll Marathon in Seattle. She qualified for Boston and all her excitment was quite contagious and I felt a sudden desire to train for a Marathon. Well . . . with all the business this summer I soon realized I would never be able to keep up the marathon training, so I quickly demoted myself to training for a half marathon.

Of course as soon as I told my mom she volunteer to run it with me. Pretty much I have the best mom ever. We were going to sign up for the Portland half, but we procrastinated too much and it was full by the time I went to sign up.

So, Off I went into the land of the internet looking for a half marathon in the northwest this fall. I just happen to find that Hood River (my most favorite place ever) was hosting a marathon/half marathon on Oct. 24th. Prefect! We signed up right away.



The race started out with a pretty serious down pour. It doesn't look too bad in this picture but you can see that every thing is wet. I love this picture.

Running up the hill. The race started down by the freeway and then went up to the old senic highway. The hills were brutal but as the saying goes, what goes up must come down!
I would like to point out that I am a gracious daughter and posted the picture where I look like a dork and not the one where my mom looks like a dork.

At the end! I could barely stand up, the last mile really kicked my butt! I could feel my muscles twitching and knew at any moment all my muscles were going to seize up and I would be one giant prezel shaped human cramp. It didn't happen though and I ran the whole way and only finished about a minute behind my mom. :)

That night, after our warm showers, my mom and me sporting our pretty cool medals. They are hand made by a local artist.

All is all it was a great time and now my mom tells me it's time to run a marathon together. I told her I would think about it . . .

3 comments:

  1. your mom IS awesome- as are you! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool post. Your photographer is pretty good ;) And I have to say that I feel like in your family somebody always looks like a dork (in the best way possible!) ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks O' gracious daughter for not posting my dorky picture : )

    ReplyDelete