Our Life

Our Life

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

It was a long weekend . . .

Whew, it was a long weekend, and I'll be honest there were times that I really just wanted to dwell on the things I was frustrated about rather than being thankful. Between snow, the clutch in my car going out, and me working night shift on Tom's drill weekend I had a pretty full plate and part of me just wanted to waller in my own self-pity. But let's be honest that would be ridiculous considering I had so many more things go well than those that went wrong. So here it goes.

Day 15: So thankful that we have trusted friends here in The Dalles who were more than willing to be back up "grandparents" if the weather prevented us from getting the kids to my parents' house for the night while Tom was gone and I
was working. I'm also grateful that we didn't need the back up and the kiddos got to my parent's house safely.

Day 16: Since the weather held we were able to keep our plans for Bethany's friend Charlie to come home with us Saturday night. So Bethany and Charlie had their first sleep over, and I would say it was a success! These two girls are definitely two peas in a pod and watching them run around is so much fun.

Day 17: Thanks to the bad weather Tom did not have to go to Boise for drill and instead went to Umatilla, where he was able to come home Saturday night instead of Sunday!

Day 18: My car is in great working order now and shifts beautifully! To this clutch loving girl, that is wonderful thing.

1 comment: