Our Life

Our Life

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Witt Family Reunion

 We had a really busy weekend this past week. I hosted a Witt Family Reunion for my grandpa's family. My grandpa is the youngest of 8 children who are originally from Nebraska. Now there are nieces and nephews all over the country. I figured Colorado was a good central locations for most of the family so we decided to host the reunion here for the one summer that we will be living in The Springs.
My grandpa and grandma and their friends from high school, the Colesons. I think they are distantly related, but the reason they were here was because they also live in Colorado Springs.
Because of the relatively short notice, the group was small but we had a great time with everyone who was able to make it. We had family from Arkansas, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Oregon, and Washington.
Bethany loved all the attention she got. I wish I had gotten a picture of her and her 3rd (?) cousins, David (10) and Nathan (8). They all had blast swimming in the hotel pool, but of course I didn't have my camera.

Bethany played hard, and slept hard. After protesting her nap for a good 30 minutes, this is how we found her when she finally fell asleep.
Nana and Papa got to stay a few extra days so we took them to one of our favorite places, the zoo!
Bethany was excited to pet the baby wallaby.
According to one of my facebook friends, here is Bethany with her Nana and two baboons. Okay, really one of them is actually a gorilla. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment