Our Life

Our Life

Friday, February 1, 2013

Catching Up

 I know I've been really bad about staying up to date on the blog. I know this is a lame excuse but I think it has something to do with the fact that our computer is in the basement. I have a hard time getting down here when Bethany is awake and when she is napping I have laundry to fold! I used to do most of my blogging on our laptop but the power cord has been missing since our move, so now I can't blog on the couch while Tom and I are watching TV after Bethany goes to bed. Guess I need to find that power cord . . .

So here are our last couple of weeks at a glance.
 Bethany found one of our stethoscopes and almost immediately put it around her neck. It must be innate. Looks like she may just follow in our foot steps . . . or out do us both and go med school. :)

 Normally on Sundays we get home from church, eat lunch and then Bethany goes down for her nap. This last week she decided to procrastinate by sitting at the piano with her daddy. It was so cute, the two of them sitting there looking like they were playing a duet, that I went and got my camera. Of course as soon as I got my camera out Bethany got down and wanted me to hold her. This is what she looks like when she is not getting her way.
 I finally got her to go back and sit by Tom, and right after the picture she went down for her nap.

 The other day I was doing a little baking and Bethany really wanted to help. She went and grabbed the step stool all by herself. It won't be long and I think this little one will be cracking eggs for her mama, I'm not sure I'm ready.

And here is our little diva. Yesterday while I was getting Bethany dressed she insisted on two different socks. That's right, I had matching pairs in my hand and she very specifically wanted one of each. I tried to just put a matching pair on at first, thinking she really wouldn't notice, oh how wrong I was. So I gave up, after all are mismatched socks really a battle I care to win? Obviously not.
Peace and blessing to you all.

4 comments:

  1. One of Lily's first jobs was to go pick out her socks. Of course, she never bothered to check if they matched her outfit! So while she does usually choose a matching pair, she almost always has socks that don't match her outfit, and I figure that's just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, as Emily says, "it's always miss-match day" (and that is exactly how she says it!) Life is too short for worrying about matching socks...there is a huge big world out there for her to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure she has the gingerbread apron on when she cracks that first egg for you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I had kids I used to think that the way kids were dressed was a reflection on the mom.(lazy, not caring etc) Now I know that these children had really good moms who let the child pick out her own clothes and develop her individuality. You are right, that is not a battle to pick. I love seeing kids in crazy clothes that you just know they picked out themselves. Always makes me smile. Dr Bethany is a trend setter!!

    ReplyDelete