Tom has a countdown clock on the the computer counting down the seconds until we pack up the car and leave Texas. I know I've said it a ton of times but I'll say it again, I'm so emotionally conflicted about this move*. On one hand the weather and terrain here is definitely lacking but on the other hand I have made forever friends here. Not just friendly acquaintances that help me pass the time while we're here, but
real friends. Ladies that I can share my secrets with and depend on for emotional support when I need it. So, for the next 33 days all I want to do is spend time with these gals. What I don't want to do is finish this to do list:
Renew my ID card
Complete my CO nursing license application
- Apply for and hopefully attain a job in CO
Schedule a vaccination appt for Bethany
Mail out Christmas cards
- Complete Christmas shopping
Close out the bank account
Pack up the things we are moving ourselves
Put in my two weeks notice
Give the dog a bath (right before the move, since she'll be riding in the car with us)
Finish Bethany's first year photo book
- Finish up some sewing projects
I'm sure there is a ton more I need to do but so far this is what I've come up with. Hopefully, I can maximize Bethany's nap time so that I can get this list finished and still get in some quality friend time.
*So pretty much I have been emotionally conflicted about every move, but this one is different. Probably because this is the only place I will move away from knowing that we will not be moving back. Well, we at least don't think that there would ever be a reason for us to move back. Of course if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans. :)
my mama always said " Make new friends and keep the old - one is silver and the other gold."
ReplyDeleteI see your list is getting shorter : )
ReplyDelete