I've been seriously slacking on the recipe posting recently. I could give you all kinds of excuses, but mostly it's because I've been pretty lazy lately and dinner has consisted of my good old standbys, i.e. Taco Soup, Grilled Cheese, Green Salad with chicken, or Pancakes. This week I did actually plan a menu and shop for it which resulted in me making these Chicken Pesto Packets from my Betty Crocker Cookbook.
What you will need
- Chicken breasts that equal the number of servings you want
- 1/2 Tomato for each chicken breast
- A Zucchini or 2
- A jar of basil pesto
- Foil
If you're like me and you buy your chicken frozen, defrost the chicken. Put each piece of chicken on a piece of foil. (The foil should be big enough that when everything is on it you can fold the foil around and make a "packet.") Quarter the tomatoes and cut up the zucchini. Place about 1/2 a tomato and several pieces of zucchini with each piece of chicken and top with 2 TBSP of basil pesto. Fold up the foil and grill over medium heat for about 20-25 minutes.
I know this is poor timing for all of you in the NW who have packed the grill up for the winter, but I'm willing to bet you could bake these in the oven. Probably at 350-375ish for around 30 to 40 minutes I'm guessing. If anybody tries it in the oven let me know how it worked out for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment