Ahh, it's Thursday again. I have a love/hate relationship with Thursdays. On one hand I LOVE that I don't have to go to work. On the other hand I hate that I still get up before 5am so that I can go work out with Tom, I don't even get to sleep in! I do take comfort in knowing that I can go home and take a nap if needed though. :)
It is nice to have time to get on the computer and blog or peruse facebook at my leisure, however while I'm spending time on the computer all I can think about are all the things I need to get done. Every week I manage to put off all the household chores because I know I'll be able to do them on Thursday. That means I have laundry to do, floors to vacuum, dishes to wash, groceries to shop for, toilets to clean, and if the snow was gone, poop to pick up in the back yard. I'm tired just thinking about it. I'm really starting to miss our little house down in Clarkston, it was so much easier to keep clean.
So, my goal for next week is to get all these things done before Thursday so that I can enjoy my day off, guilt free. Ha, we will see how it goes.
On to more exciting news, Mojito (or Mojita, as my dad has decided) is doing great. We got to hear the heart beat last week at our second OB appointment. I am currently just a little over 13 weeks and so close to being in the second trimester! My nurse midwife is great and she had put me at ease about the move and all my other worries. Apparently a lot of military bases employ civilian nurse midwives which makes me think that giving birth in a military hospital may not be as bad as I first thought. I had a lot of concerns about military doctors and nurses bossing me around and not letting me voice my opinion about how I want things to go. Anyway, I'm sure by the time I'm in labor I won't really care about anything except getting the baby out. Who really thinks about their birth plan when they are in the middle of a contraction, right?
For those of you who are wondering about the sex of the baby we have decided to wait. We (okay, really it's I) want it to be a surprise. However, if we are going by my dad's track record since he thinks it's a girl it is really going to be a boy. Guess we will just have to wait and see. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment