Our Life

Our Life

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Change

My apologies to everyone for taking so long to post about all our good news. I'm pretty sure you all know by know but I figured I couldn't let events like this pass without saying a word. In my defense my lack of a post is mostly due to the over whelming tiredness I have been experiencing lately.


However, my tiredness does not mask my excitement about our baby. At this moment "he" is roughly the size of a lime and has been aptly nick named "Mojito" by my co-workers. I do kind of like it so it just might stick. I am 11 weeks and 2 days and my due date is Sept. 20th. It is still so amazing to me that Tom and I created this human being that has an eternal soul. In the beginning I had a slight freakout wondering what the heck God was thinking by giving us this precious gift. Then, perfectly timed, I felt a peace that spoke to my heart reminding me that God knows exactly what he is doing, even if I don't.


Needless to say we are excited for September. What I am not excited for is moving to San Antonio in August, six weeks before Mojito is due. I'm going to be a giant swollen marshmallow! There will be no pictures. :) For those of you who don't know Tom got into the Army's PA school which is the reason we are moving. Despite the fact that we aren't thrilled about Texas, we are thrilled that the Army will be paying for school and giving us Tom's active duty salary, leaving me free to be a stay at home mommy!



So now you have the update, I think it's my nap time now so I'll post more details later. :)



This is the sign that we gave my parents to tell them we were pregnant. My good friend Natalie painted it and took it over to their house for us.

4 comments:

  1. Awww, what a cute sign! So happy for you that it'll work out to stay at home. It's a fun stage of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you both!!! Mojito, that is so cute! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mojito! Ha ha that makes me laugh! I bet it's a girl! The sign is super cute! I can't wait for September also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Papa Ralph thinks it's a Mojita! : )

    ReplyDelete