Our Life

Our Life

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Quilt Camp

I know many of you will be quite jealous when you hear about my stellar weekend at quilt camp with about 30 other women (most of whom could be my mom or even grandmother). My mother-in-law actually goes three times a year and she has so much fun I decided to join her this time. Plus, I had some must-get-done projects to do.

Debbie (my mother-in-law) and me taking a break

This first picture is the dolly bag I made for Miss Kennadie's 1st birthday in January (Julie don't tell her I want it to be surprise. :) It is complete with a dolly blanket and pillow with pillow case.

The rest of the pictures are for gifts that I promised to give to the first 5 people who posted on a facebook post in, I think, February. The rules were I had until the end of the year to give each person a handmade gift. I did complete the 1st one in April and sent it to my friend Sarah but the other four I still needed to get done. So here they are for your viewing pleasure.


This first one is an apron for Tom's cousin Sarah. She actually has an apron collection so I hope this fits in with the others that she has :) I think Ami wanted to model the apron for the picture but she settled for just laying on top of half of it.



These next two are are both the same thing, compact tote bags. You can keep them in your purse and whip them out at the store, saving a plastic bag from ending up in a landfill. These are for Molly and my friend Marina's mom, Anne Marie.


Folded


unfolded



The last thing is an obi-wrap. It is a pouch that you can tie around yourself with an insert filled with flax seed that can be microwaved or frozen. Giving you a hot or cold pack. This I made for my friend Jeanine.


This is the picture from the book so you can see it on a model.



And here is the one I made for Jeanine



No comments:

Post a Comment