Our Life

Our Life

Monday, September 6, 2010

Moving



Exactly 7 years and 1 month after I moved to the L-C Valley Tom and I are packing up and moving north. At times it is hard to believe that I have lived my whole adult life in this little community and at other times if feels like just yesterday my 18 year old self drove into town in my little red Jeep Cherokee.

I moved her to play volleyball (oh and get an education too) with the intention of leaving in four years. I had no idea how God was going to shape me and mold me and keep me here longer than I ever intended. Now that we are on our way out I have realized that somewhere along the way Lewiston became my home. So, despite the fact that we are setting out on an adventure, I feel a lot of sadness. Sadness because we're leaving friends and family who I love so very much and sadness because I know there is a piece of me that will stay here in the Valley and not come with us to Rathdrum.

We are also torn about leaving and selling our labor of love. Tom and I (well Tom mostly) have put our blood, sweat, tears, and money into our little house and now we have to leave. This little house with all it's crazy pluming, wiring, and in some places, down right poor craftsmanship will be in our hearts forever. We have learned so much from this house and are indebted to both of our dads for taking part in the teaching process.

Thank you to all of you who have been a part of lives here in the Valley. We will miss you all so very much, and don't worry, we are only 2 hours away we promise to come visit.

1 comment:

  1. Your dad and I have lots of great memories of Lewiston also...the little church at the bottom of the hill that became your family, VB/Shari's, "mom can you meet me in Walla Walla? I can't hide Ami in my dorm any longer.",running/walking on the levees chatting away with my favorite girl, and of course "This is my friend Tom"...so glad you married your friend Tom!!!

    Here's to great old memories and great new memories!!!

    Love you Two!!!
    mom

    ReplyDelete