Our Life

Our Life

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

August 2014

 August was a long month for the kids and me. Tom was gone for 3 weeks at his annual training for the National Guard (okay the month was probably long for him too) so we made the best of not having our favorite guy around and stayed busy. I still had to work, so thanks to my parents, Diana, and Auntie Erin my kids didn't have to fend for themselves while I was gone all night.

We spent a lot of hours in the loft/play room.
Bethany began her streaking career, running through the sprinkler in the backyard. Is there any greater joy than being a toddler and running through a sprinkler naked? Judging by this picture, I think not.
We spent quite a bit of time with my parents. As you can see my dad was in heaven. This summer there were also some extra kids at my parents' house and we are so excited that this Friday they become official cousins! Bethany loves Benjamin, Penny, and Charlie, and I'm pretty sure she already thinks they are her cousins.

While Tom was gone we also went up to Couer d'Alene to visit some friends but of course I don't have single picture from that trip. Thank you Alyson and Jim for letting us crash at your house! We had so much fun with you and your sweet girls.
And finally at the end of the month we were back in the arms of our beloved daddy and hubby. Three weeks is a long time, but we all survived!
After Tom came home my parents kept both the kids one night. This was the first time since Bethany was born that we had no kids for a night. Here we are at breakfast the next morning. Don't we look so rested?

No comments:

Post a Comment