Our Life

Our Life

Thursday, October 23, 2014

. . . and he's 1

 Here is our sweet little one in all his 1 year glory. I cannot believe how much this little guy has grown this year. He weighed in at a solid 23lbs, which only landed him in the 75 percentile. To be honest I thought he was a little bigger than that.
 Don't you love this flannel shirt and overalls that my Aunt Denise and Uncle Mark got him? I'm pretty sure he couldn't be any cuter.

 For William's birthday we had a little family get together, actually the only kids there were W and LB. I don't think he minded though, after all he had a lot of adults to give him attention.

 I think Bethany is more concerned about picking out her cupcake than watching William eat his. In case you're wondering, she chose the one on the very bottom and the whole stack fell over.
Pretty sure he liked his little cup cake. Happy Birthday sweet William, we love you!

At one year old William continues to amaze and entertain us. He has 11 teeth now with his 4th molar just about to come through. Let me tell you, this guy takes teething like a champ, most of the time I don't even know he has a tooth coming in until I can actually see it. Thank you Lord for that! William just started walking about two weeks ago and everyday he is walking more and crawling less. It won't be long and I have no doubt he'll be keeping up with his sister. Already he is chasing her on his "scuttle bug" (pictured above) while she rides her strider around.

We are still working on signing, W will use "more" and "all done" sometimes but mostly he just points and grunts when he wants more food. At this age I'm pretty sure Bethany had about 4 signs that she used all the time. I've decided William doesn't need them because he is just way more content than his sister was.

Two of our favorite things about this sweet guy are that he is now giving kisses and he loves to play peek-a-boo and will often initiate it. His kissing face is so cute, he'll stick his bottom lip out and lean his whole body into your face, most often he'll even get his lips on your. Is there anything more precious and gross all at the same time as a baby kiss? I don't think so.

William, we have so enjoyed watching you grow and develop this year. My prayer for you is that you will continue to grow strong mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. That you will become a man of integrity who stands for what is right. If you don't stand for something little one, you'll fall for anything. I pray that you will be confident enough to always be yourself and the person God created you to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment