Our Life

Our Life

Friday, March 21, 2014

Sunny Days

 We have so much to be thankful for here in The Dalles. Of course there have been adjustments and rough patches that are bound to accompany a move but as always I can see God's gracious hand leading me and giving me what I need.

Today I am grateful for sunny days (though the "breeze" makes it impossible to go outside without a coat on) and awesome neighbors.
When I think of all the different houses we looked at and could have ended up renting I thank God that we got this house. Not because the house itself is really all that great, but because it is next to a really wonderful family who just happen to have a little girl (Lily) whom Bethany adores. Well truth be told Bethany adores all the kids and I think she really wants to just join their family which would make her the youngest of 7! I love watching her run around with all the big kids, she thinks they are so cool and wants to do everything they do. Fortunately they like her too and are always willing to let her tag along. Of course awesome kids usually have awesome parents and this family is no exception. Their mom, Stacie, has been my saving grace here. Helping me get connected in the community and just letting me come over for an adult conversation. Today she watched both kids while I went for run! I really, really don't know what I would do without her.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, Ash! It makes me not want to move. I have longed to have a neighbor like you. You have blessed me so much as well. Thanks for all you have done for us. Bless you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete