Our Life
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Locked Out!
See this cherub face, Bethany looks so innocent and sweet. Let me just warn you right now, it's all an act. This little cutie is full of mischief and yesterday she almost got the best of me.
It all started out because it was such a beautiful day. The sun was out and it was warm so I decided that maybe we should eat lunch outside. There we were; me sitting on the deck eating, Bethany running around the yard ignoring her food while the dog kept trying to sneak a bite off her plate, when suddenly Bethany runs in the house and shuts the door. I wasn't alarmed, I lazily got up and sauntered over to the door to open it up. Then I tried to turn the knob. It wouldn't turn. How in the world she locked the door I will never know, but there was no debating it, the door was definitely locked. Remember the nice, warm, sunny weather we were out enjoying? Well thanks to that, I had *just* closed all the windows to keep the house from getting too warm. Every. Single. One.
I spent a few minutes trying to get Bethany to unlock the door to no avail. I started racking my brain trying to decide what to do, I had absolutely nothing outside with me. After weighing my options I decided to run over to the neighbor's house (both their cars were outside and I knew they were home) to see if they could help. I knocked once, twice, rang the bell, waited as long as I felt comfortable before giving up running back to check on my naughty baby.
Fortunately Bethany was still right next to the door, so I didn't have to start getting worried that she was trying to drown herself in the toilet or something. Of course she was being super cute by smiling and giving me kisses through the glass. Once again, I tried coaxing her to unlock the door, no luck. Then came my saving grace. The neighbors behind us (who's yard is higher than ours so they kind of look down into our yard) saw what was going on. One gal came out and offered me a credit card to try and get the door open with. Honestly, I thought it was kind of a stupid idea, I mean it's not like this is a bathroom door or something, it's an exterior door obviously it is a little more secure, right? I tried the card anyway without any luck. So then they hopped the fence, one of them grabbed a different card, a Safeway club card to be exact, and about 5 minutes later the door was unlocked.
And that my friends is why we use our deadbolts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hahahaha! Time to put a spare key outside, or maybe Toms new pick set. How can you get mad at something so darn cute?
ReplyDelete