Our Life

Our Life

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sesame Pork with Garlic Cream Sauce

Since we're a little more settled, I've had time to try a few new recipes. This one, once again, came from the 20 minutes or less section of my Betty Crocker Cookbook.

I'm not usually a huge pork loin fan, but Tom really likes it so I gave this one a try. I'm so glad I did, in fact, I have already made this dish twice, the second time was for company. What more could you ask for from a recipe, less than 20 minutes and company worthy!

What you will need:
  • 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin ( I actually bought a pre-marinated pork tenderloin on a whim and it was so good.)
  • 2 TBSP vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 3 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 TBSP chopped fresh chives 
Set your oven to Broil.

Cut pork crosswise into 12 slices. Flatten slices to 1/2- inch thickness between plastic wrap or waxed paper.

Brush oil on both sides of pork and place on a broiler pan. Sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds. Broil pork 4-6 inches from heat source for 6 minutes; turn. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and broil another 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, in 10 inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook garlic in butter about 1 minute, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Add cream cheese and milk. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth and hot. Stir in chives. Serve sauce with pork.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment