Our Life

Our Life

Friday, April 20, 2012

Baked Spaghetti

So here I am again posting a recipe without pictures. I suppose it is because I'm not a true blogger at heart. Really I'm just an information sharer, and I'm okay with that. Becky over at Farmgirl Paints has been taking a break from her blog so I won't be linking up to her blog today. However I did have a request to still post a recipe. So, giving credit to my Aunt Debbie I'm posting a recipe today for Feed My Family Friday.

Baked Spaghetti, I got this recipe from Simple and Delicious Feb/Mar 2012 issue. I love this spaghetti because it is kind of a spaghetti/lasagna hybrid without having to deal with those pesky lasagna noodles.

What you will need:

1 pkg (16 oz.) of spaghetti ( I use whole grain but you don't have to)
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (my secret, I just use the kind in the can. It isn't fresh but it still tastes good with the added bonus of I almost always have it on hand.)
5 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups cottage cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

To get started cook the spaghetti noodles as usual. While the water is boiling go ahead and cook your meat with the chopped onion. Then stir the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt into the meat and set aside.

Next, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and melted butter together. Drain noodles and toss to coat in the egg mixture.

Layer 1/2 the noodles, cottage cheese, meat sauce, and then mozzarella cheese in a 13x9 in baking dish. Repeat layers. Cover and bake for  40 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake for an addition 20-25 minutes.

There you have it. A tasty dinner with very little effort.

1 comment: