Our Life

Our Life

Friday, May 28, 2010

For the Hill of It

A couple of weekends ago we celebrated Tom's graduation from LCSC with his Bachelor's degree in Biology. To help us celebrate my parents came over for the weekend. What better way to celebrate such a great accomplishment than to go for a run? Yeah, we couldn't think of any either. My mom, Tom, and I ran the race "For the Hill of It" 8 miles up the spiral Highway in Lewiston.


Getting ready
All smiles before we started


Tom starting the trek up

Barely past the 1 mile mark and already sweating







We are not too proud to admit that we walked through the water stations . . . and a few other times. I think that we may have been walking faster than we were jogging.


Tom still going strong at the end



Almost there!


Not sure what happened to our smiles . . .



The view from the top, hard to believe we made it.


Ahh, we found our smiles after a few minutes of rest. Tom finished in 1 hour 9 minutes (with no walking). Mom and I finished in 1 hour 29 minutes (1 hour 20 minutes of jogging, 9 minutes of walking).
We had a great time and despite the fact that Tom told me that the grade was so slight that "I would forget that I was running up hill," I NEVER forgot I was running up hill! At the end though we all felt good about our accomplishment. Thanks to my dad we have some great pictures and we had a cheerleader most of the way. Thanks for helping us get to the top dad!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go! I'm super impressed! That doesn't even sound fun to me! I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for running with my girl and having Tom blaze the trail for us!!! Hope we are blessed with many many more great running memories : )

    Running4Fun...Training4Life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are amazing! Great job to all of you. Congrats to Tom on his graduation. I like to celebrate with cake, not running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry (Lisa), we had cake too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An 8 mile run with hills...you rock!

    So nice to meet you Ashli from Lewiston, Idaho. Thanks for finally saying hi. I hope you do it more often:)

    ReplyDelete